Monday, August 29, 2011

Panda

We had a great couple over for dinner this past weekend. After dessert, they showed us pictures of their recent Caribbean trip on the laptop (Barbados has been added to the ever-growing list of places I must see before I die). This somehow segued into looking at ridiculous You Tube videos. We laughed so hard at this Panda Cheese commercial from Egypt:


Hysterical, right? It wasn't just being under the influence of Prosecco that made this video a hoot. It's the subtle, demure manner in which the Panda hurls objects and maintains an adorable and almost innocent expression throughout the fit of rage. 

As the laughs subsided, I burst out "I live with that Panda!" The three of them stared blankly at me.

It's true. LO resembles the Panda. Yes she has big dark eyes and is so huggable. Unfortunately, I'm not referring to physical similarities. LO acts just like this naughty Panda. And also looks so dang cute while wreaking her mischief. 

LO is what I like to call a chronic FLINGER. She flings things all day long. And when the bowl of Cheerios splatters against the wall, she faces me with the most calm, unrepentant look. There is no sign of rage; no explanation for the act of destruction. She did it and that's that. 


I first realized that Panda and LO were kindred spirits when Panda nudges the TV over so nonchalantly. Although LO has never attempted this particular move, she has tipped over kitchen chairs, her own shopping cart full of "groceries" and her painting easel; all with an air of composure. 


Most of the time, LO's flinging is a reaction to my action or words: "LO, no more raisins." Yet she never gives me a warning. Not a screech or angry grunt. Nothing. Just the confident launch of her sippy cup.
At least the victims of Panda had Buddy Holly's song as their cue to duck and cover.

Maybe I should take the advice of the advertiser and Never say NO to LO!





1 comment:

  1. OMGosh…I do see the similarities….and you illustrate so well her flingingness….we have all been victims of it….hahahaha!!! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete